Who we are
The newsdesk is the engine of the SWNS Media Group and is at the centre of everything we do.
We have a long and proud history stretching back forty years and have an unrivalled reputation for producing the national newspaper stars of the future. Indeed, we currently have three former staff editing national newspapers and dozens of executives, reporters and photographers working across the titles.
This culture of excellence has kept us ahead of the pack for decades. We are now Britain’s biggest independent news and picture agency with reporters, photographers and editors spread across eight offices from the tip of Cornwall to the north of Scotland.
Our team of journalists relentlessly chase down great content wherever it may be in the world. From breaking crime stories and court cases to amazing pictures and tear-jerking real life tales – we do it all 24 hours a day.
We are constantly evolving our business and now supply content worldwide via our syndication partners and bespoke news feed products.
What we do
- Cover the length and breadth of Britain with reporters on the ground.
- Undertake exclusive commissioned work for newspapers and magazines.
- Dig out amazing pictures and human interest stories from across the globe.
- Sell directly to the news editors who matter.
- Provide bespoke online news feeds to drive website traffic and engage with users.